Rodent Control in the Gulf Coast
Are you worried that you might be sharing your space with rodents? Whether you have heard scratching at night, scurrying in the walls, or have started noticing an unpleasant smell, it is never too soon to call a rat exterminator.
With over 30 years of experience, we have developed a proven system to control your rodent problem, getting rid of rats and mice. When you partner with our team of experienced rodent exterminators, you can expect:
- A free, comprehensive inspection of the property to identify rodents and find nests.
- A customized treatment plan that takes the needs of your family into consideration.
- Rodent traps are set indoors, away from kids and pets, and rodent bait boxes, placed around the perimeter of the building.
- Helpful insights on how to best perform exclusion repairs to prevent rodents from getting in.
- Open communication to ensure all of your concerns are addressed.
- Experienced exterminators that will return to check traps about 2-3 visits per week until the infestation is gone.
- Guaranteed eradication of the current infestations within 90 days, after which we will remove traps and baits.
While our removal services are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee, we do encourage homeowners to consider investing in our quarterly pest services to help prevent future infestations.
Are Rodents Dangerous?
Though rodents are not aggressive and generally only bite if cornered, there are a few other aspects that make rats and mice dangerous to your family:
- Disease transmission: Rodents can carry and transmit various diseases to humans and other animals. Some notable examples include hantavirus, leptospirosis, salmonellosis, and the bubonic plague (transmitted by fleas that infest rodents). These diseases can cause severe illness or even be fatal if left untreated.
- Property damage: Rodents have a natural tendency to gnaw on objects to control the length of their teeth, which grow continuously. This gnawing behavior can lead to significant damage to structures, furniture, electrical wiring, and even pipes, which can create fire hazards or cause water leaks.
- Contamination: Rodents can contaminate food sources and storage areas with their droppings, urine, and hair. This contamination can lead to foodborne illnesses and pose health risks to humans.
- Allergies and asthma: Rodent droppings and urine can trigger allergies and asthma attacks in susceptible individuals. The presence of rodents in indoor environments can worsen these conditions and impact respiratory health.
Signs of Rodent Damage
There are many different types of rodents that can infiltrate your home, and each of them leaves behind different signs. Here are some of the most common signs to look out for if you suspect you are dealing with a rodent problem in your home:
- Rodent Droppings: If you notice small brown droppings in or around your property, these are likely left behind by rodents. This is especially alarming if you find these droppings near food sources, in cabinets, or around sinks.
- Signs of Chewing: Another common sign of rodent infestations is chewed marks throughout your home. This can mean food packages have holes or bite marks on them, or that holes are found on pieces of furniture, flooring, or walls.
- Nesting Material: If you begin finding shredded paper, fabric, or other materials used in nesting scattered around suspected problem areas, you are likely dealing with an infestation.
Other common signs include an odor of urine emanating from certain areas of your home, scratching or scuttering noises inside walls or in attics, or odd pet behavior.
Things You Can Do to Prevent Rodents
The best way to make sure your home does not become a target is to make sure it is kept as clean and inaccessible as possible. This means that rodents can be prevented by sealing off any entrances that allow them into your home; keeping your home clear of any unsealed food sources or trash; repairing any leaky pipes, crawl spaces or other access points. If you suspect an infestation has already occurred within your home, it is time to call ProShield Pest Control.
At ProShield Pest Control, we provide high-quality rodent control services in Mobile and Baldwin Counties to keep your home or business protected against even the most persistent of rodents. Our goal is to make sure that you are able to rest easy knowing that your home is inaccessible to unwanted animals and clear of any entry points where they may gain access.
Should pests persist in between scheduled treatments, simply let us know and we'll re-service your home for no additional cost to you. That's our guarantee to you!
Areas We Service Around Mobile, AL
As a locally-owned company, we know firsthand how difficult some pest problems here can be. But with ProShield, you never have to solve them alone! With 30+ years of experience and ongoing training, there’s nothing we can’t handle.